Monday, January 25, 2010

India 1

Getting back from India is like stepping off of a rollercoaster, you're a bit shaky, maybe woozy, still happy you got on the ride but maybe a little relieved that its over too. :-)

I had thought I would blog while I was there but I realized that I wanted to fully focus on the experience at hand and not have to step away as one does when they are writing about it for others to read. Now I feel the energy to capture some of the moments. I have photos posted on Facebook for those who want to peruse.

I wonder if India is a place that creeps into your bones and when at times you swear you are never coming back to such a fucking shit hole a part of you knows you will yearn for the translucent evening light that brushes the garbage with a blush of beauty as it caresses the temples and weaves into the smell of incense. This doesn't cancel out the rickshaw driver who overcharged me triple or the bands of teenage boys who are happy to leer and the braver ones jeer.

The nights I felt like I was a hostage in my hotel room will be forgotten for the freedom of traveling in India with the rhythmic movement of the train.

I came back with beautiful memories, photos and a mysterious rash. This tryptic is the perfect momento for India the beauty and the shockingly profane.

There is much more to write about India but since I'm finding it hard to pinpoint what I want to write about best I get something out there with more to follow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home